Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

My oven will not heat up. I set temperature to 400 degrees

My oven will not heat up. I set temperature to 400 degrees but it does not heats pass 100 degrees. When I open the oven door it is still cold inside. My broiler is working fine on high and low but the bake option is not doing anything. What can I do to repair this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
What is the make and model number of your unit, please?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not sure of the model but it is a Kenmore wall oven.

The model number is XXXXX on the manufacturers lable behind the oven, or broiler door on the chassis.

The number will be in this format XXX.XXXXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see the numbers, 326B1230P002. Is that the model #?

I believe that will be the serial number. The model number has three numbers, a period, and at least five numbers after that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I checked everywhere and I can not find the model number. The oven sits in a wall. The only numbers I see on the back of the oven door is the "serial number".
Ok I will opt out and maybe another expert can help you.
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 3 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

Is this a gas oven?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is a gas oven and I found the model number, 911.30469

Ok well the problem is the bake ignitor has failed and needs to be replaced. It is under the floor of the oven. There are either two screws in the back corners holding the floor down or two slide tabs. The ignitor is attached to the back of the flame tube by two screws.You can get the ignitor at your local appliance parts store.

If this has been helpfull please press accept. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would you happen to know about how much the bake ignitor cost?

Depending on which one from 50 to about 70 dollars.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why don't I smell gas when I turn the oven on?

Well because the ignitor is not drawing enough amperage to open the gas valve so there is no gas flowing.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Is this something I can fix or do I need to hire a professional to do it?
No you can do this just remove the floor of the oven. Just undo the ignitor and replace it with the new one it is very easy to do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Thank You very much for your time and professional advise. I will attempt to replace the ignitor. I just wanted to thank you before I hit the accept answer button. Thanks again!
You are very welcome you should not have a problem.
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience