william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

replacing a glass cooktop model *790.42739403. and I need

Customer Question

replacing a glass cooktop model *790.42739403.

and I need to know where the blk/rd and white wire attach to the controls switches --they been disconnected and and not marked properly
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

I have a diagram but I do not believe I can get it large enough in these posts for you to see but I will try. Let me know if you cannot see it and I will zip it, upload and link you. I have zoomed in on it, it is clear.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic

Edited by Barry G on 11/16/2010 at 6:22 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

barry --I have this diagram its not helping me --- i still don't know which spade terminal on the switch to use because there are extra connection not being use.

can you tell me which terminal the red wire goes on etc etc.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
I mis-read your original question. (can supply a diagram with the correct connection?)

I have a lot of books here. Let me go through them and see if I have a picture or diagram of a switch that would be useful.

Edited by Barry G on 11/16/2010 at 7:01 PM EST
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Well I am not going to have anything more. Frigidaire built that kenmore model. I will opt out and let another tech give it a shot.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you get me an assembly diagram instead of wiring diagram.

the wiring diagram is too general--like I said: it must show which terminal on the switch to connect--

thanks,

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Is this the one you are needing?

Click to enlarge
graphic

Edited by Barry G on 11/17/2010 at 9:47 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what I need is the assembly wire diagram---which wire to which terminal on the switches.

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Which switch is is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the power supply cable has red and bk wires with 3 female connectors on them and they connect to the burner switches. the white connects to 1 switch.

can you tell me exactly which terimal to connect on these controls?

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
I need to know which switch you are talking about? Such as front? back? left? right? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
54--54 b--54c--54a- 54d
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
What is all of this?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
I need to know if this is the front right burner. the front left burner, the back right burner or the back left burner?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
# XXXXX through 54d
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

So you are saying the whole thing? Every switch?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

.Appliance Dealer repair shops usually have microfich or computer schematics to identify parts and their assembly, and you might try to call on one of these places, if you can. They're usually more than happy to bring up the diagrams and try to assist. Other than that, one would need a full fledged service manual, and other than being difficult to find, they're usually somewhat expensive, but not always. Here is a great link to a site that has some good information about appliances, and they do have your parts, and may be of assistance to you since they also have instructions for the parts. They may be able to email you a scan of the instructions, never know till you try...so contact them. Here's the link:
http://www.repairclinic.com/Brands-We-Carry

Even a seasoned technician couldnt do this over the internet.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate