Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
21549903

I have a Culligan Mark 100 with a Soft Minder display. I had

Customer Question

I have a Culligan Mark 100 with a Soft Minder display. I had to unplug it for 2 days and now it's locked showing "6:00" with a little phone displayed top right of the time. I've pressed all the buttons and nothing happens. HELP?!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.

Craig :

Go into the menu and reset the time and date. It needs to know the time and date for regeneration purposes. This should clear the fault

Customer:

I've tried that, but nothing happens when i press any button. Seems there must be a way to override or reset it somehow.

Craig :

The Culligan Mark 100 control is equipped to detect a motor or piston which is locked in a frozen position. The
AccuSoft™ circuit board will apply power to the motor for 30 seconds. If there is no change in the motor homing or
position switch, the control will power down for 90 seconds. The circuit board will repeat this procedure two more
times in an attempt to remove the obstruction. If no movement has been detected, the control will permanently
power down and a phone icon will appear in the display. The phone indicates that a service call is required to fix the
control. To return to the service mode, turn off the power to the unit for 1 full minute and remove the obstruction to
the motor or piston.

Craig :

You may need a service call from a tech if you are not able to open the valve and work on it

Craig :

The motor valve has issues internally

Craig :

Here is the Culligan service manual:

Customer:

I'd be surprised if the motor valve is the problem. It did cycle through once when i plugged it back in, after being unplugged for 2 days, even while displaying the "6:00" and little phone in the display. since then it's just frozen showing that display, even after unplugging and plugging back in. Seems it must be related to the fact it was unplugged for over 24 hrs?

Craig :

If the power outage lasts long enough to drain the Hi-Cap Capacitor, the control will flash "12:00 PM" when
power is returned to the control. The unit will continue to keep time from the moment power is restored, and will
initiate a full regeneration at the preset regeneration time. The time of day will need to be reset in order to return
the regeneration to its preset time.