S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

yes i have a kenmore washer yr.model 1984 kenmore series

yes i have a kenmore washer yr.model 1984 kenmore series 90 well this machine has always worked like a charm now sundenly its making a wierd rubbing noise and a little clanking noise whe it finishes the spin cycle what could be the problem and is easy to reapir it myself i am very mechanically incline if you can please help this Michael

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. this is getting to the age that the clutch and brake assembly are wearing out. the cost of this repair will exceed $200 in parts. would you like me to get you the part numbers?

S.E.Thomas :

if so i will need your complete model number from under the rear edge of the lid

Customer:

yes please to see if i can aford to repair it my self oh boy just what i didnt need another expense well it has served e very well the washer

S.E.Thomas :

no problem just please get me the complete model number

S.E.Thomas :

you will also want to replace the springs while doing this as it is all part of what keeps the tub from banging at the end of the spin cycle.

Customer:

thanks i am trying to retrieve the model #...

Customer:

ok got it ## XXXXX i hope thats the # XXXXX need

S.E.Thomas :

one min

Customer:

n/p i waited 9 mons hehe if you know what im impling hehe

S.E.Thomas :
285792 cost is about $105 this is the brake
Customer:

ok next==

S.E.Thomas :
285785 cost about $48 and is the clutch
S.E.Thomas :

one more yet

Customer:

is this the clutch and brake assy comco/

Customer:

oh oh D A my bad

S.E.Thomas :

yes. there are also three springs and a plate that contains 3 pads that the entire tub rides on. at this age all of this is going to be worn out and need to be replaced. i would not recommend. you can most likely purchase a good used machine for less than the parts and also there are some machines made that are almost identical to the one you have for right around $350 new

S.E.Thomas :

the noise that you have could also be the pump. At what part of the wash do you hear the noise?

Customer:

yea well figured that well Thomas TANKYOU SO MUCH i willclose now you can get your pay for theee EXCELLENT help again thanks so and have HAPPY THANKSGIVING you and your family and MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL Michael

Customer:

oh oh hold on it is coming fro the bottom but that ok i just as well purcgase a another good used one

Customer:

fyi here is my e-mail adress if i can ever be help to yu from here in albuquerque new mexico ok XXX@XXXXXX.XXX