S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

I have a Maytag Super Capacity 465 Electric Range. Im having

I have a Maytag Super Capacity 465 Electric Range. I'm having trouble installing new range elements. (I came accross this range second hand) For some reason I can't figure out where the insertion slots are for the element to "slide into." All of the replacement elements at Lowes have insertion points on the elements that are vertically slotted but there are no vertical slots in which I can insert the element on the range. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 5 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. Can you please get the complete model number from the frame just behind the drawer

Well unfortunately the oven is at my rental house now and I'm not there. I can tell you that it has one 8" element and three 6.5" elements on top. Sorry I don't have more info now. I realize that installing an element should be a plug and play operation. I just don't know why I can't get the elements to seat properly. Do they need to be seated in a drip pan?

S.E.Thomas :

Sorry about the delay but for some reason the system did not notify me of your return post. If these elements are just the standard plug in elements then the easiest way to install them is to put the element in the pan first and then slide them both in together. It is possible that the burner blocks are bad and need to be replaced also. If you have the old elements take a look at the ends where they were plugged in and see if they are burnt. If they appear to be burnt then the blocks are most likely burnt and this is why it will not plug in. Please take a look and try what i said and let me know what you find. If the blocks are bad and need to be changed i can get you the part numbers and walk you through the repair. It is not very hard to change these. also while you are there dont forget to get the model number. Look forward to hearing from you.