Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

My whirlpool duet sport washing machine has error code F--/01

My whirlpool duet sport washing machine has error code F--/01 flashing. I cannot clear this code and the washer stopped operating in the middle of a cycle. I was finally able to get the door to unlock and water poured out everywhere. How do I clear this and get the washer to work properly? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be assisting you. UNPLUG THE UNIT

Tilt the washer back and get as much water out of it as possible. Take the panel off the lower front and remove and clean the filter in the picture below. It turns out. replace the filter and give it a spin. Be prepared a lot of water is going to come out when you open that filter.

Barry
Click to enlarge.
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am having difficulty removing the front panel. is it screwed on or do i just pry it open with a flathead screwdriver? and sorry, i saw you did say to unplug it.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Yes unplug it because there is going to be water.
Tilt it back and look at the bottom.

CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just finished doing everything you said, unplugged it, removed the panel, opened the filter cap, drained the water with shop vac, removed a little debris from the filter area (not enough to cause a blockage), cleaned the filter out thoroughly, replaced the filter cap securely, replaced the front panel, plugged it back in, and began a test cycle...., however it ran for about 2 minutes and the same error message has re-appeared F--/01. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Wow. on the front control the display has a lock emblem between the options and spin speed buttons you press both buttons at the same time and hold for 5 seconds see if that releases the control.

Edited by Barry G on 11/15/2010 at 7:17 PM EST
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Anything?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried it, still no luck. i can clear the code and when i try to run a new cycle and press the start button, i hear a little noise (like it always does before starting the cycle) then the error code flashes again. i have a sick feeling this is going to be expensive to fix.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
We are far from done yet. Don't give up on me.

Unplug it again and take the pump all the way out. Look inside it for a foreign object. It be anything even a stick pin so look at it really really close.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not to ignore your instruction, but when i cleaned it out the first try, i literally laid on the floor and put my shop vacum nozzle inside the pump and let it suck everything out, then i wiped it clean with a hand towel and it looked new when i was done.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Ok I have a Job Aid here I need to read over. Its going to take me a while to get through it. Just to be sure I am not missing something. If you have something you need to do now would be a good time. Give me a shout when you get back or I will when I get done.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay, also, there was a "service technician only" pamphlet secured to the inside of the lower front panel. i have read the trouble shooting section regarding the f--/01 error code and it is telling me that it could be a eeprom error, pump drive error, or a main relays error. for the eeprom error, we have done the disconnect for 2 mins. trick several times without success. for the pump drive error it suggests that i may need to replace the ccu board, and the main relays error it again suggests to replace the ccu board. any idea of the cost for a new ccu board and is this something i can do or do i need a repair person to come and fix it?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
I thought it was the board but I wanted to be sure I had not missed something. This is not the same as running out to the van and getting one. I want to be accurate.

I think you could do it. Could you get me the model number please?

Barry

Edited by Barry G on 11/15/2010 at 8:16 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model WFW8300SW02 10.0Amps, 120V, 60Hz, Type 831, and a random number on the label(NNN) NNN-NNNN Made in Mexico. This info was on the label behind the front door.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Thats it, give me just a few minutes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
It is Whirlpool part number W10205839 and retail is about $141.00.

There is one more thing you need to check before you order that part. You need to check the pump connection on the CCU for corrosion and to be sure its not loose. Below is a picture which you may need and a video to help you get to it. It either case it will help you.

Barry
VIDEO CLICK HERE

PLUG LOCATIONS CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I appreciate the help, what site or where did you get the price so I can order the part?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
I got that price from our parts distributor. Thats the suggested retail price. I looked at some of the other sites I use and recommend and here are 2 of them.

1ST HERE

2ND HERE

You are very welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.