Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

my maytag a8820 wont cycle, its full of water and clothes,

my maytag a8820 wont cycle, its full of water and clothes, I removed some of teh clothes and it proceded to fill again but it stopped and now is doing nothing. I think it may be the lid switch but I can't figure out how to access it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

to get to the lid switch you will unplug the washer, remove the screws from the top of the control panel and pull it forward and set off the tabs ,, it sets just inside ,, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you think this is a probable cause of the washer not cycling, I dont see any screws but I do see hinges in the rear of the lid
when you raise and lower the lid do you hear a click?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
its not the lid switch ,, after it fills and ready to wash do you hear a humming sound?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no
set the timer to spin and with the lid down tell me what happens please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when i first plugged it in, it started filling with water somemore, then nothing, no hum, draining, nothing.
sorry to be so long but i was doing a lot of searching ,, you have a bad timer and the part number is XXXXX and you can check with some local appliance parts dealers to see if they have one because everywhere i check for the part it comes up telling me the same thing ,,..

We're sorry. This part is no longer available. No alternate or substitute part has been recommended by the manufacturer.

sorry for the bad news but i tried for you .. Glad i could help you with your problem today so please press the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks