Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

maytag mde2600 ayw - drum baffle lost an anchor screw and is

Customer Question

maytag mde2600 ayw - drum baffle lost an anchor screw and is flapping around when the dryer drum rotates. Can i pop the top of the dryer off and replace the screw and bolt that anchors the bafflle?
thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Here is the link for the slope front dryer manual, you should only have to remove about 6 screws from the front, and the entire front and top will come off, making it easy to install the screw for the baffle. click on the blue link below to download it to your computer.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
cant I pry the top off with a screw driver? the top is not secured by clips only?
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
No there are 2 screws that hold it on when you remove the front.