Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my whirlpool duet clothes washer keeps on turning off when

my whirlpool duet clothes washer keeps on turning off when i try to start it. doesn't matter what cycle. only thing that happen this morning was our power when off for a couple of minutes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
wfw9400su00
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok great. now when you unplug this and plug it back in do you hear a click comming from the control?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, now I CAN'T GET IT TO DO ANYTHING, if i press the start button nothing happens
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

so no lights on at all correct? the problem is the machine control board,part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

and its # XXXXX on this diagram,

this should click when you unplug and then plug the machine back in, you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number /Whirlpool-Parts/Washer-Parts/8183259/0026/110/Model-WFW9400SU00/1198/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=WFW9400SU00&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&blt=11 thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are you sure thats the part i need?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if this doesn't click when you unplug and plug it back in the control is bad.take the top off the washer there are screws along the back and do it again and listen for a click. also there should be a tech sheet if you look in the bottom behind the front access panel. if its not there look under the top taped to the side, there are diagnostic tests on that sheet if you can find it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try that. if it clicks, then what
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
then its not the board, let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i get to it
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
its right under the top panel. take part # XXXXX off on this diagram and it will be there in the back or on the side wall.