Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My new GE GSH22JFXM WW side by side refrigerator has stopped

My new GE GSH22JFXM WW side by side refrigerator has stopped dispensing ice and isn't dumping ice into the bucket beneath the ice maker. We started hearing a faint whining noise in the freezer section a few days ago and now it isn't dispensing ice. We took out the ice bucket and it appears that the auger motor isn't turning. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

the whining noise is he evaporator fan, this is caused by the main board failure, thats why your ice maker and dispenser isn't working also. you need the updated board for this. the part # XXXXX XXXXX replace the board, this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8x10" cover, thanks Bryan