Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

7 yr old WPGT 9350 Harmony Profile washer. Quit w/load half

7 yr old WPGT 9350 Harmony Profile washer. Quit w/load half done. Power is OK to the plug. Pulled fuse/filter and found the glass fuse blackened. Replaced. Still no response. Pulled control board on right hand side. Saw evidence of heat damage/discoloration of board. Replaced. Sill no response. Both of these seemed to be logical procedures as well as both looking bad. Can't figure what to search for next but am hesitant to purchase the top assembly w/touch buttons on a whim or worse the led panel. Any ideas??? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is this the board you replaced ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Good morning,

No, That board is behind the LED panel display and I pulled the metal plate and inspected it. No evidence of heat, trouble, distortion, whatever. I replaced the board that is house under the white/manilla plastic housing off to the right.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok, is this draining? did it just stop with no error code at all ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just came upon it dead with the load half done. Water standing in the drum w/the load of clothes. The board did not have any meassage on it. Totally dead. Checked the fuse downstairs. OK. Checked the outlet where the washer is plugged in. Power is there. Machine was just dead. No message. Stopped with no error code.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
on this diagram which parts did you replace?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I replaced 241 and 60 both of which showed evidence of damage. 241 had the glass fuse blackened and the circuit board (60) had discoloration in areas of the epoxy(?) that seals the circuitry, as if it had heated up. Some of the coating appeared to have melted and partiall covered the big black heat sink.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok so you replace this, and the filter? are you getting power to # XXXXX?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I really don't have a way to verify that. How is that done??
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

you will need to test it with a volt meter. you should get 120 volts to the board.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So if I test and have 120 to the board, what then??
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
it means since you already replaced the board the display assembly is bad, (the first part I showed you ) part # XXXXX this is expensive also unfortunately, you can get this @ http://www.searspart,%20backsplash%20&%20top%20panel&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=WASHER&blt=11 thanks , Bryan