Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an LG 26945TT Refrigerator ( Side-by-Side ) and my ice

I have an LG 26945TT Refrigerator ( Side-by-Side ) and my ice maker seems to be broken.
The "first" problem started about 1 month ago, this problem was the ice maker kept making ice and did not stop. ( Quick fix: I did not have time to address the real problem so I turned the switch "off" when the ice chute was full and turned in back on when I needed ice.
Now, the ice maker does not function. I have used the test switch on the lower right hand side of the motor assembly and it does function, albeit a 1-time function and it does not dump the ice. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is the lever still in place on the bottom? # XXXXX on this diagram,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the help.

The lever is hinged on the right-hand side and the first leg of the arm is about 10-15 degree below a horizontal line. The picture above is reversed ( with the hinge interface on the left, i.e. the hole for the hinge interface is on the left. So, from the picture, the first leg of the arm on the left is the portion that I am talking about.
so the arm is still attached ? this means the ice maker component is bad. you will need to replace it unfortunately, you can get this @ part-number/LG-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/5988JA1001H/0046/795/Model-LSC26945TT/3204/0165000?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=LSC26945TT&subCompDesc=Ice/water%20parts&brandDesc=LG&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11 for $62.00 this will fix the issue, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just tow more questions. Why does it work in the test mode? Is their 2 different circuits? Also, is turning the off switch a bad idea?
your bypassing the control inside, the logic board. turning off the switch can eventually burn out the module, as far as circuits go when you put this in test mode you bypass the logic chip( control chip) and starting the harvest cycle. its like jumping it out.