Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I just had a GE Model 26 refrigerator with bottom freezer delivered

I just had a GE Model 26 refrigerator with bottom freezer delivered last night. I bought the floor model so the store had set the display to off. We pressed Energy Saver and Adjust Freezer to get it on, set the temp at -2 for the freezer and 36 for the refrigerator. It does not display the current temperature as the manual states it will and 12 hours later it feels as though it has not cooled down one bit. How do I set the display correctly and get cold air so I can use the refrigerator? GFSS6KKYASS is the model number
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is the fan running in the freezer? is the compressor running in the back?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I would say that the fan is not running. I can't speak to the compressor. Something is running on the refrigerator I can hear and feel it. There is power.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this could be the main control board. did they give you any warranty with this? if so don't attempt to repair it they will void the warranty. where did you buy this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Lowes. I have a warranty. It was only delivered last night. I can set the temp for both the freezer and the fridge but it does not keep the display on and does not display the current temp as the manual says that it will. All of the other items on the front panel work.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
usually when the control wont display the temp on the control the board is bad, its hard to say though why it would be bad but I would call Lowe's firs thing this morning and get them to send someone out right away or bring a replacement. I'm wondering if this was bad from the factory and the used it as a display model. I had the same problem with a toilet I bought there, it was the last one and a display model installed it and it had a crack and leaked all over the place, so don't be surprised. they are usually good about brining out another one though. hope this helps, thanks Bryan