Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my LG dryer makes a loud squeaking noise when my LG washer

my LG dryer makes a loud squeaking noise when my LG washer right next to it spins (they are both on pedestals) Anything I can do about this? If I open the dryer door, the noise stops, but then I will burn out the dryer light eventually. thanks!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This happens because your floors are soft so the washer shakes the dryer as well. Sometimes if you can put a piece of foam or a towel or something between the washer and dry to apply pressure to the dryer when the washer is spinning, that will help dampen the sound. Otherwise, you can always get "Shake Away Pads" And they are meant to put under your washer to reduce the shaking. That would probably fix the problem but you may need to put them under both the washer and the dryer so that they are the same height.