Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Jenn-air 30 cooktop model # JGC8430BDS. This is a

I have a Jenn-air 30" cooktop model # XXXXX This is a gas cooktop. The ignitor on the front left burner stays onand won't go off until I turn on the right burner. As long as the right burner has flame burning the ignitor stays off. Once I turn off the right burner the left ignitor goes on and won't stop. I had to unplug the unit completely. I can fix it myself but I don't want to buy a 112.00 module if it's not the problem. Can You help me out? Thanks, Joe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Hi theres only one other thing to check on this and thats the switch. # XXXXX on this diagram, check this for continuity withe the wires off and in the off position, if it has continuity when its off replace it. its $12.00 @ http://wow.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Switch/1009501

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will accept answer so you can get paid. I don't think its the switch because I'm having the same problems with both front left and front right burners. what's the odds of both switches going bad as the same time. When flame is on the front right burner igniters stop. When flame is shut off right front burner left front igniter starts sparking.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your probably right, I was just giving you something else to check before going on. let me check for the best price for at least, I'll send it shortly, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.