Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

A restart light lit up on my TMC-28 trash compactor; however,

A restart light lit up on my TMC-28 trash compactor; however, when I turn the knob to "Start," nothing happens. I emptied the trash bag, and now the bin will not go back into the unit because the "masher" is too low. How do I restart the appliance?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

the ram is stuck down so you cant get the drawer back in? . what you will need to do is pull the unit out and place it on its side, unplug it and take the panel off and turn the motor and belt until this is all the way back up, then stand it up put the drawer in and see if it restarts, if not you probably have a bad reverse switch.