Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a GE Profile Microwave that was manufactured Oct 2003.

Have a GE Profile Microwave that was manufactured Oct 2003. The window screen is foggy and it takes over 4 minutes to heat 2 cups of tea. the Serial number is XXXXX and the Model number is XXXXX What should I do? This has been going on for some time and it appears to be getting worse.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

your magnetron is failing thats why its not heating correctly, and as far as the screen you would need to replace the

Control (smart) board assembly this alone is $167.00, and the magnetron runs about $130.00, the control may be the only issue but if its not then it will cost you more to repair than replace the microwave, these have come down a lot and you could get a new microwave for $200.00 to $300.00

here are the parts. board.