Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The refrigerater side of my samsung refrigerater temperture

The refrigerater side of my samsung refrigerater temperture keeps rising (now at 60 degree). It's a Samsung side-by-side refrigerator, model #: RS253BABB, serial #: 127443CY300023 V.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer? any at all ? look real good behind the food.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not on the back panel but there is frost on the side panels.
. ok this means theres a leak in one of the seals around the door, . is the fan running in the freezer? is the light in the fresh food section going off when you shut the door?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot audibly hear the fan in the freezer. The light is going off when I shut the door.
do you hear a fan in the fresh food section? is there any frost in the back of the fresh food section? this has two evaporator systems in it .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, at the bottom of the freezer I do hear the fan.
ok heres the diagrams, what you need to do is take this apart in the fresh food section and check the frost pattern on th coils, #3 on the diagram, these are complicated refrigerators so if you think you will have trouble with this you need to call a tech. parts need to be tested if its not defrosting the coils, hope this helps, thanks Bryan