Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my washing machine wont start. it is a frontload H2 all the

my washing machine won't start. it is a frontload H2 all the lights flash and in the status light rinse spin ckothes clean stay on. What is wrong with it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

remove the access panel under the door in the front and remove the pump filter part# XXXXX unscrew this counterclockwise and pull it out. get some towels ready there will be water, clean any obstructions and try this again, let me know if it starts,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did that ,found some change but get the same results, just a clicking noise like it wants to start then the lights flash.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is the door locking?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok, when you unplug this and then plug it back in does the control click?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do hear a click
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok , are the controls responding? can you change the cycles? is there no error code at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes controls respond and i can change cycles if there is no error code.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok, the machine control board is bad, can you get me the full model #? its missing some numbers.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to do is remove the top panel on the machine and under it there is a tech sheet, this has some info on the machine and may have some tests you can perform before replacing the CCU. check all the plugs on the CCU and the control to make sure they are tight. the tech sheet is # XXXXX on the diagram, this is the CCU, (central control unit) its under the top also. make sure your water is on fully also and the dispenser door is closed tightly. if all this checks out replace the CCU, heres a link to the part, l-11046472501/0582/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=11046472501&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&blt=11 thanks Bryan