Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, The ice maker in my fridge GE RF model PSA25MIPFBB does

Hi, The ice maker in my fridge GE RF model PSA25MIPFBB does not cut out and keeps filling in ice bin-could you please give some advise. Thank you. Regards Fred
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Is the arm on the bottom of this there? you can see the flat arm that come out of the bottom in this picture. this is suppose to go in and out as it cycles and when the bin is full it hits the ice and stops the cycle,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan

Thank you for information. My fridge has a swinging arm instead of mowing for and back but I understand that the action is the same.Now I will have to find out whether the arm is actually swinging and if it is whether it stops the cycle.It probably will not be easy

to determind which one of the two is not operating correctly but I believe this would be the way to find the solution to this problem.Thank you again . Regards Fred

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yeah thats whats stop the ice maker from overflowing the bin, if its theres and moving in and out as this runs you will need to replace the ice maker, the switches and electronics inside the ice maker are not serviceable, thanks Bryan