Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Profile Quiet Power 2 dishwasher. Water stands

I have a GE Profile Quiet Power 2 dishwasher. Water stands in the bottom afetr each use of about 2 inches deep. It has continued for quite a while. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get me the model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you take the drain hose off under the sink and put this in drain with the hose in a bucket and tell me if the water comes out strong?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try it now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I disconnected the hose and the water comes out slowly, no pressure. I had to tilt the hose horizontally with the floor to get it to run out. The water is standing in the bottom of the dishwasher.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok remove the bottom panel under the door, the access panel. and check the drain solenoid, does it pull down? when its in drain? you should see it and hear a clack.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I pulled it down. It does not make a noise until it compresses the plunger completely.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you pulled it down but did it come down by itself in drain?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I pulled it down, but it goes back up when I release it. No water seemed to be released to drain out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

ok on the inside of the machine in the back there is a screen all the way across the back wall remove that and then in the center there is this, unscrew it counter clock wise and see if the rubber is worn away, this is suppose to close so the water goes out instead of recirculating back into the machine. let me know