Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello is there anyone I could speak to on the phone I have

Hello is there anyone I could speak to on the phone?? I have a Maytag Performa Refrigerator is about 7yrs old yesterday it was making a clicking sound like it wants to run, but nothing is happening.. now everything in my freezer is thawed out

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

I'm sorry thats not allowed but I will help you on here if you wish. is the clicking comming from the back of the refrigerator near the compressor?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well that's just it not sure where it's coming from, snice the coils are underneath. the back is a flat panel the onlt thing coming out the back is the cord. It sounds like it is clicking, then a buzz sound like a motor trying to turn over. I turned up the temp on both the freezer & frig, but nothing all the ice & frozen stuff is thawed out
ok, your compressor start relay is bad, this is plugged onto the side of the compressor if you remove the bottom panel in the back of the refrigerator when you pull it away from the wall you will see this, it need to be replaced, these fail all the time. you can order this @ unfortunately theres nothing that can be done to repair this or get it running without replacing this. I wish there was an easy button sorry, thanks Bryan