Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my washer leaks water out of the bottom sometimes Inoticed

my washer leaks water out of the bottom sometimes Inoticed ther is aover flow tube attached to the basket. The pump is good and all connections are good
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you know if this starts spinning before the water is out of the tub? when this is agitating is the tub spinning?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
after it is filled up Ithen put the clothes in. It does not leak otherwise. I pulled the ffont cover off and saw water down there, it is right where the over flow tube is at the bottom
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok leave the front cover off and fill and start the machine, is the inner tub moving? does it move then stop then move then stop? or does the tub go all the way around and keep going?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the tube goes back and forth aggitates
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how high is the water on a full load?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
right above the last set of holes on the tub. or inch and half from the top of the tub
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok if you try this on a smaller load does it still come out?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
itdoes not come out on a smaller load, could my wife be over stuffing it with to many cloths, and thus bringing up the water level, because after i cleaned up the water i see no more as of yet.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes and i would put the clothes in before you start the machine, she is probably overloading this after the water is in and forcing the water into the overflow.thanks Bryan