Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 2yr old kenmore gas dryer that has a front panel of

Customer Question

I have a 2yr old kenmore gas dryer that has a front panel of buttons. I pushed the selections I wanted to start a load, but when I pushed the start button, nothing happened. They all light up and beep, but it doesn't start running. I'm thinking it's something in the panel. What do you think and what should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you resend the model # XXXXX a space in between each #? it didn't come through. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
417 98042700
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
in most cases on this dryer its the thermal fuse thats blown, you need to pop the top up to check this. you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Kenmore-Parts/Dryer-Parts/5308015399/0026/417/Model-41798042700 /0582/0151200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=0151200&searchModelNumber=41798042700&subCompDesc=Cabinet/drum&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=DRYER&blt=11 if its bad, heres the diagram of where its located. part# XXXXX . let me know if its bad, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this is probably a dumb question, but how do you know if it's bad?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you will need to test it with a volt meter for continuity, unplug the dryer and when you get to the thermostat take one wire off and test the two spades on the thermostat and see if you get continuity. if not replace it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do we take the top off?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry you need to take the screws out along the back top, lift the top from the back and pull it out from under the front panel.