Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

timer buzzer wont stop buzzing. I tried to change time, knob

Customer Question

timer buzzer won't stop buzzing. I tried to change time, knob broke and now buzzer is making us crazy! 25 yr old spacemaker model - top & bottom ovens with rangetop in between.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us a model #?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hp 56n is the best i can make out
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
is this your clock?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
similar, but clock face is silver, hands are red and timer hand is white
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok the problem is the parts are no longer available and the clock would need to be replaced to repair this. are you able to turn the knob thats broken with a pair of needle nose pliers?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We have used needle nosed pliers, but it doesn't help. I don't care about fixing it, just want the noise to stop.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
does the bake still work?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
everything works, except the timer ..the hand had problems, we stopped using the timer. the clock & everything else works fine. this issue happened when I was trying to change the time from daylight savings. the timer hand got stuck & started buzzing & even when we can move it with pliers does not stop.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well all you can do is try to disconnect the timer motor , you will need to get to the back of the timer to do this, not sure though if on this model it will effect the oven working. it may just be the clock motor making the buzzing, try disconnecting one of the motor wires, tape it and try the power back on see if the buzzing stops,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
trying that now
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, Bryan! It seems to have worked.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats great, thanks and well wishes, good job, Bryan