Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do you remove the back of a Maytag stackable washer/dryer

Customer Question

How do you remove the back of a Maytag stackable washer/dryer Model# XXXXX to replace motor pulley w/screwset
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You don't. Unfortunately, you need to remove the top panel, the control panel, the angled panel between the washer and dryer and the entire front panel. Then you must disconnect the belt and remove the drum to fix the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
does any of the back have to be removed? what do you mean by the control panel-and how do you remove that?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
No the back cannot be removed so that is not an option. And the entire control panel between the washer and dryer needs to be removed. Also without being there I can't give you details on how to remove it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this is astackable unit stuck between the wall & the furnace. Would you move it out? I do not understand taking top off and removing drum when screws are holding it in in back of unit. The cover is wrapped around back of unit. Can you be more specific---please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there a chance I can give you my phone number and we can talk about it? From what I see the top will not come off unless you remove screws in back and remove bar that holds the dryer in place over the washer. Is there some manual that explains replacements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
By the way my name is Jack.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
unfortunately not, we can't contact you by phone, that's against policy. I would remove the stack unit out to remove the screws out of the top of the panel so that you can remove the top panel however.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you familiar with stackables? Do you have anymore suggestions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You sent me a reply but nothing was said.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there anyone familiar with my stackable washer /dryer that can better advise on repairing my dryer and more specific on removing the cover to get to motor & pulley assy?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is it the washer you are working on or the dryer part? what is the part # XXXXX ordered and where did you order it? heres all the diagrams if that helps. click this blue link, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Maytag-Parts/Washer-dryer-combo-Parts/Model-LSG7804AAE/3048/0152000?pathTaken= thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan,good evening. Its the dryer I am working on. I ordered the motor pulley with screwset. I need to get to the dryer motor that drives the drum belt. What is the procedure to get to it.?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok, well the appliance doc was right you need to remove the front of the dryer to get to this. the top comes of and there are screws to take the front off on the top and the bottom. you will need to remove the control panel also. this is a pain in the neck to do though. the diagrams I sent you should help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan trust me you be paid. The diagrams you have sent me does not match what the control panel looks like. Do I have to remove all the wires to the dryer & washer controls? Do I have to remove the screws in the back and the support bar that keeps the dryer on top of the washer? Do I have to take the dryer completely off the washer?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

heres a link to the diagrams, they don't always look exactly like yours but this is what comes up under your model #, you don't take the whole dryer off. you should see plugs to unplug to release the control panel though.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=26383&diagram_id=854034#d854034

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does the actual controls stay attached to control panel?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
really hard to see on the diagrams but usually the control comes of and there are screws behind it you need to remove.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.