Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a side by side frig model # hss25gfpdww. The freezer

I have a side by side frig model # XXXXX The freezer works great but the frig side has to be turned up 0n 7 or 8 to get food cold. but when I turn it up that high my tea starts freezing. it make a whistleing sound all the time
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There was some small specs of frozen water under the light and we took a hair dryer to it and thawed it out
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

can you take the back panel off in this freezer? you need to check the frost pattern on the coils. let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is no frost on coils
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
none at all? is the fan running right now? push the door switch in and see if it starts running , this may have been in a defrost cycle,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
fan is running
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
and no frost? this means the main control board has failed. its not starting the compressor all the time and this also controls temps and the damper assembly, (the part that lets the air into the fresh food section) this would account for the freezing of your tea. this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8x10" cover. G.E. has redesigned these 4 times because of the problems your having, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Module/1531075?modelNumber=HSS25GFPDWW the part # XXXXX XXXXX thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can u tell me how old this frig is
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
there should be a date on the model # XXXXX inside the fresh food section either on the ceiling or side wall.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there was no date there
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
after looking at the model its between 7-9 years old i believe,