Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a compactor model KUCS03CTBL0 sn SY0370166. The motor

I have a compactor model KUCS03CTBL0 sn SY0370166. The motor makes a humming sound and the drawer will only open a few inches. It is as though the ram will not come back up. I have tryed turning the breaker off and back on to see if power cycling would help but it has not. I was going to take the front off to see if something was jamming it but could not figure out how.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

ok , you need to pull the machine from the cabinet and remove the bottom so you can get to gears under the machine, unplug the compactor and try turning the gears until you free this up. its probably jammed in the ram..once you get this turned all the way back up you can get the drawer open and see if something is jammed, here are all the diagrams for you compactor, thanks Bryan