Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a side by side sub zero and the light switch on the

I have a side by side sub zero and the light switch on the door is loose and now the light doesn't go on at all. I quess there is a short in the mechanism. How can I fix it. I would jiggle it and it would work, but that no longerr works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

which model is it? do you have the model #?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model on the door says it is 532.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok great , this switch is easy to replace. you can see in this picture the tab that holds it in take a thin knife and push the tab in while prying the switch out, remember to unplug or shut the power off to the refrigerator first, the problem is you need to find the switch, the part # XXXXX XXXXX you will have to call sub zero and get a cross over # XXXXX all my suppliers say unavailable. there are switches that will replace this but I don't have the #. you will need to call them Monday, the other option is to remove the switch and take it to a local supply house if you have one nearby and they can match this up. wish I could do more. thanks Bryan