Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Asko D3251 dishwasher. When I turn the power on the

Customer Question

I have an Asko D3251 dishwasher. When I turn the power on the pump begins running and continues to run. The Heavy Wash and Rinse and Hold program lights are lit. As well as the upper basket and delay start option buttons. The start/stop button is no lit and does nothing if pressed. I there is no water (any longer) in the base pan. The dishwasher will turn off with the power button but I cannot control the program funtions or the start / stop button.

I have replaced the water diverter valve and lower spray arm bearing because it appeared to be leaking around the O-ring and had corroded the water div. valve.

The water is turned on to the machine and all hoses are in there proper position.

I'm assuming the program light pattern is fault code but I cannot find what it means.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like you still have a leak. The dishwasher will need to be uninstalled and then you need to tip it forward to drain all the water out of the base pan below the dishwasher tub. If there is water in the base pan, it will go into flood mode and just continue to drain all the time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The base pan is completely dry and machine will not fill.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Fill it up with a gallon of water. If it drains out right away, then you know the switch below your sump assembly is still being activated so the styrofoam piece is either stuck up for some reason that's laying on the floor in the base pan, or the switch is shorted and needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The switch operates correctly. With the power off but with the machine still plugged-in if i gently lift the float the switch turns the pump on and off when released.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
then you haven't put water in the tub like I stated to.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I filled the sump area with water. When turned the power on the pump drained the water and just continued to run.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then it sounds like your switch is still telling it to continue to drain. So either you have a bad switch, or you have a bad control board---you'd need to determine which one.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I do this?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
You take a multimeter and you check continuity through the switch when you lift it up and down. If it doesn't change, replace the switch. Otherwise replace the control board which is about $450.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
no problem and good luck.