Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

WE have a GE Gas oven JGSP31GERWG which was working perfectly

WE have a GE Gas oven JGSP31GERWG which was working perfectly before being moved to install a new floor. It was reinstalled, but now the just the oven doesn't work. The is a clicking sound, but it doesn't ignite. All of the burners and the broiler work perfectly.

What can we check before sending in the repairman ?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

your igniter is the problem, do you see this glowing in the oven when you turn it on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Bryan,

Where is the igniter for the oven ? Behind the pull-out drawer toward the back ?

if you turn the lights off and look under where the drawer is you should see this glow, if not it broke when they move it. these are reak fragile and break easy.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay, then how difficult is it for me to install a new one ?

Do I have to disconnect the gas ?

Pull the oven away from the wall (not a problem) to get to the igniter from the back ?

Do you know the model number of the igniter ? I may have been on a prior message, but I cannot get to that screen/message.

Thanks, Gerry

actually you take it out from the inside. no need to move the oven, its not gas related its electrical so if you can unplug it, its part # XXXXX on this diagram, its best to take the floor of the oven out to get to this. you can order one @ hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I wanted to send a tip, but was trapped into buying a subscription at usd 25.00 per month that I do not want.

How can I avoid the subscription ?

sorry my wifes car broke had to go out, I'm not really sure how to do that , i just work on the answer side, you will have to contact J.A. for that. thank you though. Bryan