Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool duet dryer type DADT - elec and I started

I have a whirlpool duet dryer type DADT - elec and I started to use yesterday and the setting is showing control locked position and I cannot get it to reset. How did it get in the control locked position and how do I correct? I unplugged the dryer hoping it would reset but to no avail. What to do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

let me check the model , I'll be back in a few minutes. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan, thank you. I can give you the serial number if you need. The dryer has been working perfectly I can into the laundry room yesterday morning and the control locked setting was on. I absolutely will press the accept buttom, no worry. I don't see the accept buttom on this screen. Will it come back for me to accept?

Margaret

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
try pressing and holding down the end of cycle button for five seconds, this should unlock the control, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, where is the end of cycle button? Is the pause cancel the same as end of cycle button? if so I have tried that as well
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I believe; it is, the one to the far right on the panel.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan, after carefully looking at all the buttoms I had found the end of cycle buttom. It is amazing as much as I use this dryer, that particular button I never paid attention to. I just knew it signaled me that the load was complete (ha) and under the end of cycle button, I now notice the wording "hold 3 seconds to lock/unlock control". I guess someone just leaned against the dryer and pressed the buttom. Oh my goodness, I have leaned something today. I probably would have never known what that meant had it not gotten pressed by accident. Thank you so much.

Margaret

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

your very welcome, have a great week and well wishes, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.