Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool duet dryer type DADT - elec and I started

I have a whirlpool duet dryer type DADT - elec and I started to use yesterday and the setting is showing control locked position and I cannot get it to reset. How did it get in the control locked position and how do I correct? I unplugged the dryer hoping it would reset but to no avail. What to do

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

let me check the model , I'll be back in a few minutes. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan, thank you. I can give you the serial number if you need. The dryer has been working perfectly I can into the laundry room yesterday morning and the control locked setting was on. I absolutely will press the accept buttom, no worry. I don't see the accept buttom on this screen. Will it come back for me to accept?

try pressing and holding down the end of cycle button for five seconds, this should unlock the control, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan, where is the end of cycle button? Is the pause cancel the same as end of cycle button? if so I have tried that as well
I believe; it is, the one to the far right on the panel.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan, after carefully looking at all the buttoms I had found the end of cycle buttom. It is amazing as much as I use this dryer, that particular button I never paid attention to. I just knew it signaled me that the load was complete (ha) and under the end of cycle button, I now notice the wording "hold 3 seconds to lock/unlock control". I guess someone just leaned against the dryer and pressed the buttom. Oh my goodness, I have leaned something today. I probably would have never known what that meant had it not gotten pressed by accident. Thank you so much.

your very welcome, have a great week and well wishes, thanks Bryan