Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Range Model SF367LXSS, both oven igniters

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Range Model SF367LXSS, both oven igniters stopped: firing glowing or sparking, simultaneously. Stove top works. Seems like the touch circuit board. What do you think? Thank You.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

let me take a look at your model # XXXXX'll be back, thanks Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well in most cases its the spark module control that goes ,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
but in your case because both went out at the same time it could be the clock(control) are you able to get at the control? I would check it good for a burned solder joint on it, where did you hear the snap? in the control up top or down below?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The snap came where the gas goes in, two pops, 1-2 seconds apart.
Checked for solder, looks ok. When it's working properly, should it shoot a spark.
S, it sounds like the clock control?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yeah you should get a spark when you turn these on, the spark should be at this, it should go from the center electrode to the silver part around it.

Register Here
I believe in your case it is the clock control since they both went out at once,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I replace the clock control, and it still does not work, would it then be the spark module control?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, I was just thinking ahead. I was going to order the clock control first. Should I try sears? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Bryan. Will I be able to follow up, once I have recieved and installed the new contol? Or, will I need to pay for a new question?
Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
you wont need to repay anything just come back and reply and i will receive it and respond, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Bryan, you,ve been a great help
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your welcome, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey Bryan
I replaced the clock control and still no change, what next? The spark module control?
Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

yes that all there is, thats strange though I never seen one where both the back and broil go out at once, can you return the clock?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried to return it, but, understandably they couldn't take it back, as it is a electronic part. It turns out the model number you supplied was wrong too, so it would not work anyways.
They told me 90 percent of the time it's the gas valve that goes out, not the board or spark module. I put a new one in and sure enough, it worked.
I gotta be honest with ya, I'm not too happy with your diagnosis.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
sorry its very difficult to get everything correct on the net, and we hardly ever need to replace the gas valve for that problem. i suppose i better look into this deeper. I'm not sure they are be honest about it being the valve 90% of the time either but it worked for you so cant be sure, maybe its just that model.