Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I own an LG Tromm electric Dryer. The drum will tumble but

Customer Question

I own an LG Tromm electric Dryer. The drum will tumble but doesn't heat up. The breakers are working fine. What should I check next ? The dryer worked great and was the best I ever owned. Please advise.
Marc
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX problem from what you are describing would first be a faulty outlet at back of dryer..There maybe enough power to turn the drum but not enough to heat the unit..Next would be either a fault heating element or a blown thermal fuse...Either case you would need to gain access to the inside of cabinet and test the components with a test meter..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean by faulty outlet ? Are you saying the outlet the plug goes into or is there so other type of internal outlet ?

Yes ...the outlet the unit plugs into...You need 220 v to properly run the dryer..If you only have one side of that (110v) you will not get heat..But will get power to run the motor which rotates the drum..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The plug if fine, that was the second thing I checked after the breakers. Are there any codes put out by this dryer ? It seems to be pretty hi tech ? Can I get to the heating element and is this a common problem ?
Ok so you already checked it for 220 V..? You would need to remove the top cover.( remove crews at back of cover slide cover back and off).Then remove the front control panel.(access screws from back of panel)..Then the front panel(access screws at front once control panel is removed)..From there the drum..This will give you access to the heating coil and thermal fuse..They will need to be tested with a meter for countinuity.Also once you use the accept option today if you have time please stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you today..If you have anymore questions please ask..Thanks Bob