Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My bosch dishwasher is setting wash cycles that are much too

Customer Question

My bosch dishwasher is setting wash cycles that are much too long - 95 minutes for rinse and hold, 98 minutes for quick wash. Interestingly, for power scrub ATM with empty dishwasher it's only 109 minutes.

Also, when the cycle runs it stays on 1 minute forever, rinsing and rinsing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a very common problem and unfortunately it means you need a new control board inside the door of your dishwasher. There is a relay that shorts out on this board and it stops sending power to the heater. The cycle takes a lot longer to complete because it stops and won't advance until it gets to the correct temperature which it never does so it eventually will just push on and your dishes won't come out dry or anything. The control board costs about $150-200 or so.