Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I replaced the valve at the back bottom of there the water

I replaced the valve at the back bottom of there the water lines come in, also has 2 electrical connectors. Put it all back together, turned the water back on, and water is pouring out of my ice maker. What's next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 3 years ago.
disconnect the icemaker and tell me if the water still runs in please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure how to do that? Do I just pull it out of the freezer?
send me the model number again or tell me if the ice bucket sets on the door or under the icemaker
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bucket is on the door
open the door, remove the screw on the bottom next to the right side wall, remove the plastic cover and pull the icemaker out and unplug it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, thank you Larry. I should be home around 2pm, AZ time. I will do that and then shoot you a message. What do I do after I pull it out?
after you get it out then shout back and we can go from there
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just cancelled the appointment I was running out for, so I am going to do it now..... give me a minute.
ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ice maker is out
is the water turned on and water still coming out the fill tube?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will turn it on now.
ok ,, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no its not coming out anywhere.
plug the icemaker back up without installing it and tell me if water starts coming in
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not leaking. infared light is still blinking. it looks like there is some ice made in the the ice maker, but nothing has been sent to the bucket
it will take a while for the ice to eject and go into the bucket ,, the valve was just hung, put it back together and let it ride ,, i believe it will be ok
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cool, I will check back with you this afternoon. Thanks Larry!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still no ice Larry,,,,,,,,,,
sorry but i was gone for the evening ,, do you have any ice in the bucket now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It looks like it has made about 5 cubes since yesterday when I put it back together. Red light is still blinking.
let it go until tomorrow and then tell me how much ice it made
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok
I'll be online in the morning if you need me ,, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No ice Larry. Did the test on the sensors, also took them out and cleaned them. Light stays steady when I close the flap. Water is on and working. Thoughts?
squeeze the fill tube at the rear of the icemaker coming from the ceiling and tell me if it feels frozen
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it doesn't. Plus, water was running right through there 3 days ago...
look at the icemaker and tell me where the ejector fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker are pointing now please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
up and toward the front
take the valve back and swap it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I ordered it from DD Appliance supply online. I just sent them an email to see how I can get another one. So you are assuming this one is faulty?
yes i do believe it is
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They are telling me there is no way it is that pice that went bad again. It has made a couple of pieces of ice, but thats it over night....
only a couple cubes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, probably 10
feel in the icemaker and tell me if you feel ice and from the front to the back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I feel ice in there, and the little fingers have moved since I checked yesterday.
do you have a way to check the temp in the freezer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not really. Is colder better? I had it set on the left side of the B, and have moved it to the center of the C yesterday.
the colder the better in the freezer for the icemaker to run and make ice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should I turn it even more? C seems to be the coldest but it does allow for it to go a little past. What else could be the issue?
set it on c and it should be cold enough to make ice faster
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will try that and let it run today. I will get back with you in the morning. Thanks Larry!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
10 cubes in the past 2 days. Doesn't look like we got anything overnight
remove the inside back panel in the freezer and tell me how much if any frost is on the coil behind the panel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, that should be fun...... I will work on that this afternoon,
ok ,, thanks