Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We just bought a new washer (maytag model mvwx600xw). Weve

We just bought a new washer (maytag model mvwx600xw). We've hooked up the hot water hose and the cold water hose however, the cold water isnt flowing into the washer. Once the cycle starts - it stops before getting to the "wash" cycle. Everything seems to be hooked up right not sure what to do?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. Are you sure the washer is definitely getting cold water? When you select a hot wash, it hot water definitely going in or could it be cold water instead?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's definitely getting HOT water...not cold. When we select hot wash it does fill with water.
ok, turn the water off and flip the hoses around and start another cyclewhat happens then when you select both hot and cold?

Edited by appliance Doc on 11/1/2010 at 5:56 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay - i will have to wait for my husband to turn off the water supply. Can i respond later today?
yep, follow up questions are free for 30 days after accepting.