Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My bosch diswasher will not run - power on but I cant hear

My bosch diswasher will not run - power on but I can't hear water going into it. water is pooled in bottom drain areas. I cleared all the drains...still won't work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Fill the dishwasher manually with 1 gallon of water, does it drain out right away when you start the cycle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, there is no evidence of water draining.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Ok so with the water in the cycle, what is it doing when you start the cycle? Is it spraying the water all over the dishes or draining out or????
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when I start the dishwasher it just makes a low buzz - no water going in at all and no water draining either.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok give it 5 minutes and tell me if anything changes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, there is still the same buzz and no water in or out of it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok so that could mean that your unit is in flood mode, or your control board is shorted. You'll want to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward to drain all the water out of the base pan below the dishwasher to make sure it's not stuck in flood mode (put a towel on the floor because water will come out if there is water in the base pan).

Once the water is out of the base pan it should wash normally but if the water doesn't drain (which is sounds like the drian pump might be jammed) you'll need to clear the drain pump or replace the drain pump itself. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump.