Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore HE3 Dryer (front-loading) and the Control

I have a Kenmore HE3 Dryer (front-loading) and the "Control Locked" light is on and I can't use the dryer. I have tried pushing the "Auto Dry Level" button for 3 seconds and the "End of Cycle Signal" button for 3 seconds. Also tried unplugging. Nothing is working. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the end of cycle signal button doesn't unlock the control panel then unfortunately your interface control board is shorted. This is a very common way for this dryer to fail, so if it won't unlock by holding the end of cycle signal button, order and replace the control board. It usually costs about $200 or so for the part alone.