Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

my range oven wont work--it is a 20 inch avanti stainless

my range oven won't work--it is a 20 inch avanti stainless steel sold at pc richards in manhattan--broiler lights, gas on top lights up but oven will not go on--the electric light button for the oven works though. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX not want to have to call a repairman!
when you turn on the bake does the igniter come on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
WHat is the BAKE? I only have DEGREES! DO YOU MEAN THE KNOB YOU TURN WITH DEGREE MARKINGS?
you have bake and broil and you said the broil lights up so does it do it when you set it to bake inside the oven?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, i just smell gas when I try to bake

ONLY BROIL SETTING WORKS because it uses actual fire (that lights up on top of oven)

the oven igniter under broiler tray when I remove it does not ignite (I assume it's electric and part is defective or something)
it is electric and the igniter should glow to light the has and will need to be replaced, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you but you will need the model number when you go to get one
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i found model number

AVANTI DG-20CSS

built 9/03/02

What is a good price to get this fixed? Can I do it myself if I am not handy?
the model did not come up in my data base but the igniter should cost about $65 and service about $75 depending on who you use ,, so your looking at between $150 and $200 or in that ball park ,,, and on a Avanti i would say you need a tech to come in and do it for you ,, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX called a service tech--not too may people service avanti in nyc--they want 95 to come and 180 to 225 for the part which stinks--thanks for you help! Have a nice day!
Glad i could help you with your problem today so please press the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks