Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hello, We have a Bosch Dryer that is about 5 years old and

Customer Question

We have a Bosch Dryer that is about 5 years old and the waring alarm for lint filter was on. We changed it and cleaned out the lower area after taking the cover off and now the lint light come on and the machine will not run. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Karl
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you unplug the unit and plug it back in 60 seconds later, does the lint light stay on or turn on as soon as you restart the cycle? Does it run for a while before the lint filter light turns on again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We unpluged it and then repluged in and it was the same. I can't say we left it out for 60 sec however at least 30.

Karl
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok so that means you have a faulty airflow sensor. If you remove the lint filter and look down in the lint filter housing, you can see a little silver probe down inside near the bottom fo the housing. You'll need to have the sensor replaced in order to correct the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is it possible that the computer is also faulty?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
it's possible but not likely. The air flow sensor can't really be tested to know for sure but if the sensor didn't fix it, the control board would be the next part to replace---but again, it's not very likely and the board is a lot more expensive then the sensor.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is is 422220 or 422221 both are NTC sensors the first is 11.00 and the second is 18.90. Bosch could not tell me which one is the air flow sensor
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
422220 looks like the part.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this last answer was not correct. 422220 is a temperature sensor... I really need the part number to get this issue done.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately I don't have the part number and I know it's a temperature sensor but that's the part that senses the air flow. Look at the part in the look below and compare it with the prong that sticks out in your lint filter.

CLICK HERE