Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi...I have a Kirkland series whirlpool washer & the agitator

Hi...I have a Kirkland series whirlpool washer & the agitator has gone out. It's making a noise but not spinning. How do I repair this?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If it's not spinning or agitating, it means that your motor coupler has broken and will need to be replaced. The part number you need to order is a 285753A which is about $20 or so. To replace the coupler, you'll need to take the shell off the washer and remove the motor. Below is a link to a movie that shows you how to take your washer apart.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The video was great...very informative. But are you sure, based on that little information I gave you, that the coupler is broken & that it's not something else? I'm concerned about replacing the washer one part at a time...don't want to do that!
well I can't be 100% sure without taking it apart and looking at it, but yes I'm very confident. Only the transmission and the motor coupler would cause this problem and the transmission rarely breaks, the motor coupler is a maintenance part and over the years I've probably replaced 500+ since it's the most common style of washer in the world.