Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Kitchen-Aid side-by-side. It is abotu 8 years old.

We have a Kitchen-Aid side-by-side. It is abotu 8 years old. This summer, we had to make major repairs (a new condensor), and now the over-temperature alarm on the refrigerator goes off multiple times a day. We're very furtrated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a thermostat inside the refrigerator and freezer to see if the temperature really is getting to warm in one of the sections?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Darned good question, but I do not know the answer. i should, but I don't.

I can tell you that this morning, the freezer seemed fine, but the alarm was goin off on the refrigerator side and things seemed warm to the touch.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok well it's hard to say if it's just a faulty alarm or if the unit really isn't getting cold without knowing the actual temperature. We'll assume the temperature actually is too arm.

A sealed system problem (like the condensor or compressor you had replaced) would affect the freezer long before it affected the refrigerator. The refrigerator only cools by stealing air from the freezer, so as long as the freezer is below 40 degrees, you will never see a difference inside the refrigerator. If the freezer seems fine, then you have a different problem with something preventing the air from going from the freezer into the refrigerator---Possibly a bad fan motor insie the freezer that is stalling sometimes??? Hard to say without being there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay. Can you recommend a repair person?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
A&E or "Sears" is usually fairly dependable in most locatations across the US.