Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a old stack washer and dryer that hasnt been used much.

I have a old stack washer and dryer that hasn't been used much. The washer goes through the cycles O.K. but when it spins water out it bangs like it is out of balance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX number you have is only for the dryer..Is there another number..? Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
serial # XXXXX I bought as a set new with the support bracket. If this is not information I will have to get back to you
Depending upon the model..There are a few things which can cause this to happen..First would be a agitator problem.If the agitator is not moving back and fourth then the clothes will bunch up and cause a out of balance spin...Second if the tub bearing is worn then it will also cause this...The tub seats on a the tub bearing..Once it gets worn the tub will no longer spin to balance due to wear...You would have to remove the tub to replace the bearing..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
agitator was moving back and fourth, will have to get back to you with the washer model #
No problem
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
whirlpool washer model # XXXXX XXXXX Serial # XXXXX
You would need to remove the tub ..Then check the bearings and seals#1 is the bearing and seal kit..Cost around $40.00...Also check the shocks make sure they are not broken...

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I accept answer does it tell me which is the seals and shocks in the picture? And can I copy and paste picture to help guide me through the repair. And is there more to the statement I am not seeing.
Yes #1 is the kit it comes with the seals...On this diagram #5 are the shocks..

Register Here