Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have an Admiral AED4475TQ1 clothes dryer that I just purchased

I have an Admiral AED4475TQ1 clothes dryer that I just purchased used. On about the third load, I opened the door to check if the clothes were dry and it would not start again. Nothing happens when the start button is pushed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 3 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

So the door switch clicks when you push it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes it does. The start switch does not click. I do not recall if it did before but since it is momentary, it may not.
The start switchs usualy click. Do you have a ohms or voltage tester?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, How is the best way to access it?
Just remove the back panel where the controls are.What type of tester do you have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it's a Fluke 87V
Ok which method are you going to use to test the switch ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
unplug the power and and measure resistance when the button is pressed?
Ok good just don't forget to remove at least one of the wires.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The switch is fine however, the black wire on the back of the power terminal block is melted. what could cause that?
Usualy it caused by corrosion on the copper wire and it heats up and burns the wire. Just cut it back to a nice clean wire and clean the block.

If this has been helpfull please press accept. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The block itself is damaged and will need to be replaced. Can you give me a part#?
Yours is a plastic block right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes but I just removed it and the part# XXXXX XXXXX on it. Thanks!
Ok great just take it to your local appliance parts store and they will get a new one for you.

Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience