John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

MY THERMADOR OVEN HAS AN ELECTRODE TYPE SPARK IGNITOR IT

MY THERMADOR OVEN HAS AN ELECTRODE TYPE SPARK IGNITOR IT COMES ON THEN TURNS OFF ALL DURING COOKING OVEN NEVER GET HOT IT ALSO HAS A THERMISTER SENSOR IN OVEN FLAME DOES COME ON IT JUST TURNS OFF TICS RESTART

Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

The parts drawing shows two types of ignition systems for your oven, an electronic spark and a glowcoil. Will you please verify which one you have for me?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I HAVE AN ELECTRONIC SPARK TYPE IGNITOR .THE FLAME COMES ON THEN TURNS OFF .AS IF IT HAS REACHED TEPERATURE THEN RESTARTS

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

OK. Thank you. The ignitor wire, in addition to providing a spark, acts as a flame proofer. It needs to be cover half way by the pilot flame to send the proper signal to the ignition module. Over time, the wire moves away from the flame, due to flexing from heating and cooling. The solution is to gently bend the wire back to its original position.

Doing this usually solves the problem, but if it does'nt, please post back to me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YOUR RIGHT WHEN THE ELECTRODE SENSES THE FLAME IT STOP TICING. IT IS COVERED HALF WAY BY THE FLAME . IT ALSO HAS A THERMISTER TYPE SENSOR IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER . THE OVEN IS 2 YRS. OLD . THE MODUAL SEEM TO SENSE IT HAS REACHED THE DISIERED TEPERATURE AND SOMETHING TURNS THE FLAME OFF. WHAT DO U FEEL ABOUT THE THERMOSTATE?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
The thermistor is the oven temperature sensor, which sends a signal to the control board to turn on and off with 5 degrees of the set temperature. It needs replacing if the temperature fluctuates, or fails to regulate properly.