Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

have a Frigidaire PLD4460REC dishwasher and only the china

Customer Question

have a Frigidaire PLD4460REC dishwasher and only the china and heavy cycle keys show a time. they flash their usage times but the machine will not start. no other cycle works. any ideas? is there a reset code?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. If you have already cycled the power, you likely have a faulty interface panel. This has been a very common problem for these dishwashers. The part I would recommend replacing is number 1 in the picture, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN available from www.searspartsdirect.com for $184.05 + shipping. The control could also cause this issue, but without a touchpad tester there is no way to tell for 100% certain which part has failed. However, I have never replaced a control for this problem and have replaced around 12 of these panels on various models. Some have been under warranty, some not. So, I am fairly confident that the interface is your culprit.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Edited by Town & Country Appliance Service on 11/1/2010 at 3:27 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can I replace this myself or do I need a technician?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
This is very simple to replace. All you will need to do is disconnect the power to the dishwasher and remove the screws from around the door frame. Once you get the console apart, you will see how it all goes together. You will not have any problem. You can continue this thread after you get the panel as well, so I can help you when you begin the repair.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can I fix this myself or do I need a technician? where do I get my hands on a touchpad tester? can I rent one? is it relatively easy to operate?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
You can fix this. You would need to purchase a touch pad tester, but they are expensive and you would likely never use it again. If you were gonna buy one, you could hire a tech to test it for you for about the same money.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you say I can continue the thread. how do I find this thread when I am ready to fix it?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

It should be in your email with a link to access it

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks very much ....I see it....have a great nite

cheers,

mike

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

You, too! Thanks, goodnight.