Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My oven will not turn on. When I attempt to turn it on the

My oven will not turn on. When I attempt to turn it on the LED display reads "off". the power is on and the clock is on so I am sure there is power to the range.
Does this mean the bake element is the problem? The range is over 10 years old and the bake element has never been replaced. The gas burners work fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a common problem and it just means that it's stuck in control lock.

There are 3 buttons under the display and you need to press and hold the 1st and 3rd button together for 10 seconds and it should unlcok the controls and it will no longer say "off" on the display.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
perhaps you already recieved by reply. I tried you solution but it did not work. the displaly still reads "off' and the timer is not working as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok well you may have a bad control board then because if you press and hold those 2 buttons it should unlock the control panel. If it didn't reset, you need to order and replace the display control board.