Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Maytag Washer Model LA 105 that will not start. It

I have a Maytag Washer Model LA 105 that will not start. It makes no noise. It does not try to fill. Nothing happens. I have checked the lid switch and it is working properly. Is it the timer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using I suspect the check switch and fuse may be the issue with your washer. If you turn the timer to spin and turn it on, does it spin? Also, do you hear the switch click when you open and close the lid? If the check switch has failed, which is quite common, it will blow the little fuse in the switch assembly. It will not fill or agitate, but will spin. Let me know what happens on spin cycle.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did will spin but not fill and agitate. So you are saying that means it is the fuse in the check switch.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.
Correct, the fuse is open and the check switch caused it to blow. Replace switch assembly with part number 22001682, available from for $24.17 + shipping. This will solve your washer problem.