Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my whrilpool roper washer starts and stops like its tripping

my whrilpool roper washer starts and stops like its tripping an internal breaker or safety switch or something like that it will be fine then all of a sudden it just stops then waits a few minutes then starts again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately there are not any internal breakers, but the only thing that will stop the load for a bit and then restart is the thermal cut out inside the motor itself. If the motor overheats, it will cut out and when it cools down it will kick back on. The only way to fix the problem is to order and replace the motor itself which is usually about $150 for the part alone.